Meeting Date: Tuesday, Sept 4 6:30PM SPOAC
40-50 neighbors attended.
1. Welcome by Sue P.
2. Free water ice from Rita’s (at 11th and Passyunk and 10th)
3. Geoff announced board restructuring. Geoff is President, Jim Z is Treasurer, Jackie G. is Vice President and Christine W. is Secretary, Sue P. is head of beautification committee. Other Board members are: Brian L., Jeff S., Ilene B., Jim M., Chris M. We still need a head of the trash/clean up group.
4. The PSCA Calendar of events for the next 12 months was reviewed
5. Jeff announced the need for volunteers for the Diversity Festival on September 15, 2007 in Goldstar park and a clip board was passed around
6. Sue P. and Peter V. talked up the tree planting on December 1 and also mentioned a tree pruning event.
7. Jackie gave a zoning update.
8. Jim M. announced that he is co-chairing Town Watch with Melanie and the group is looking for more volunteers.
9. Ace D. encouraged neighbors participate in Town Watch and mentioned that recent break ins on Juniper and Clarion streets were through the back windows of houses. He stressed the need to have adequate outdoor lighting and to report strangers on your block.
10. Jason D., head of Community Court volunteer efforts, discussed the role of community court in keeping the neighborhood clean. Volunteers can help 9-2 on Saturdays.
11. Phyliss F. mentioned that there is a meeting at the Santore branch of the library. The friends groups seeks public comment about potential improvements to the library.
12. Ricardo Diaz noted that he could facilitate in disputes with Spanish-speaking neighbors. He noted that most celebrations occur on Sunday nights.
13. A neighbor reported being mugged in Queen Village and that her car had been broken into within the PSCA boundaries.
14. The meeting adjourned to POPE for a Happy Hour fundraiser!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.