Thanks to you, Passyunk Square Civic Association has had another successful year! We have accomplished so much and look forward to continuing to make our community an even better place to live in 2013. Whether you chipped in at a clean-up, participated in our home tour, volunteered on a committee, or simply attended our general meetings and shared your ideas, you were critical to our success and we hope you will keep on participating.
The PSCA is a volunteer-led and self-funded non-profit, and we run on your donations of money and time! Every dollar raised will directly support weekly litter pick-up, tree planting and maintenance, education reform, neighborhood beautification and more!
Please consider making a fully tax-deductable donation to the Passyunk Square Civic Association, to help us maintain our momentum. You can donate on our website, or send us a check payable to Passyunk Square Civic Association, at P.O. Box 18052, Philadelphia, PA 19147. If your company or organization participates in the annual United Way Appeal, Passyunk Square Civic Association is a listed donor. Or, if your company offers a match program, we hope you will consider our organization. Whatever way you decide to contribute, we will put every dollar to good use here in our community.
Just a reminder, there are only a few days left to make a 2012 tax deductible donation to the PSCA. You can make your donation right now by using the PayPal button on the right sidebar under “Donate to PSCA”. If you have any trouble, please email us at email@example.com
Here are some of our great accomplishments this past year and a look ahead:
- Planted over 80 trees, and pruned and watered many more. Started pruning club..
- Created Passyunk Gardens working with the Camden Children’s Garden. Held regular Sunday hours and hosted several well-received events, such as Leekapalooza and various potlucks.
- Arranged and funded the Eder Muniz mural at Capitolo playground.
- Continued weekly sidewalk litter pick-up program!
- Held targeted block and park clean-ups.
- Held e-waste recycling event and Christmas tree chipping.
- Created the Trash Think Tank, to educate local businesses that offer food or beverage take-out about new code requirements to provide a trash receptacle outside of their premises during business hours – separate from the big belly or city trash cans; a collaborative effort with LoMo, Newbold, and East Passyunk Crossing civic associations.
- Held Education Forum with the Jackson School principal, Philadelphia School participants included PSCA Education Committee, Education Voters of Pennsylvania, and Juntos. Recruited education volunteers. We held a supply drive to make sure every student has the tools they need for a successful year.
- Became a Registered Community Organization through the Philadelphia City Planning Commission.
- Created an online business directory with 145 local businesses.
- Installed bike racks in front of several businesses through the city’s adopt-a-rack program.
- Designed and installed new neighborhood “Welcome to Passyunk Square” signage.
- Held Fall Home Tour – this year’s tour was in conjunction with Design Philly – great turnout!
- Held PSCA Plant Sale (in collaboration with Urban Jungle)
- New this year – Holiday Tree sale at Urban Jungle
- Hosted Arden theatre social event
- Conducted parking safety survey, working with the Philadelphia Parking Authority.
- Reinvigorated our Town Watch program.
- Started the Neighborhood Ambassador Program.
- Applied for and received a $3000 Activities Fund grant for the purpose of translating meeting minutes and other announcements into Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese.
- Grew our online social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Grew our email distribution list.
- Updated website on a regular basis.
- Sent monthly e-blast newsletter.
- Started an opt-in text message service
- Started the Business Sponsorship program for businesses in the civic area.
- Signed on 15 sponsors in inaugural year; seven of the 15 made multi-year commitments.
- Recruited new Board members and rewrote PSCA Bylaws.
the year ahead
- Fill education committee volunteer positions in the coming year.
- Grow the Neighborhood Ambassador Program
- Translate meeting minutes and other materials into Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
- Hold events that attract a greater diversity of residents.
- Expand our email distribution list and online media presence, and increase general meeting attendance.
- Plan a springtime art show and a pet-related event.
- Coordinate events between our three parks. Explore a pop up park.
Your donations keep us running for you!
Thanks so much for your support!
Pam Zenzola, President
Angel D’Ippolito, Vice President